Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Best Date Ever



Saturday I got to enjoy my Christmas present from Cam.
We started out with dinner at the 1913 Room at Amway to use some of my remaining "Amway money". Most amazing dinner experience ever. Despite some delicious sounding options, we chose to skip first course to make sure we would have room for dessert. But that doesn't mean you don't have anything to snack on before the meal. The "bread man" came by several times with his tray of about 6 different breads to choose from. My favorite was a cranberry one. And then there was this little tray with a bite of fish, blue cheese and crouton, and a shot of potato soup. And to cleanse the palate - a little scoop of berry sorbet with a sparkling wine topper. We chose to order a bottle of Pino Grigio from a winery in Northern MI. For dinner I got the Dover Sole - buttery, lemony, light, flaky fish with pea-size vegetables and some fancy-looking potatoes. Cam got the duck that came in a red wine sauce with potatoes and endive. For dessert we had to get the Milky Way since Cam hasn't had it - a cone of 3 chocolates filled with a chocolate mouse on a shortbread cookie, with a side of amaretto and more chocolate sauce. Amazing!!!

Then came the Cirque Dreams Illumination show at DeVos place. We saw a Cirque show in Vegas last year, and I think I liked this show more than the one we saw there. It was astounding. The Asian contortionists/acrobats were probably my favorite. We had great seats too - in the little boxes on the side of the theater. It was nice to have some room and not feel fenced in by people.

After the show we let the crowds pass and got a drink at the Lumbar Baron bar in Amway. I got a peach bellini and Cam got a delicious coffee drink with Bailey's and amaretto. It was nice to just sit and relax and talk after the evening.

We said hi to some old co-workers as we walked to the lobby and got our picture taken. I'm so excited because I think this is one of the best pictures taken of us recently, possibly ever. Overall, quite possibly the best date we've ever been on - valet parking, dressing up, amazing dinner and show, relaxing over drinks, my favorite!

In lue of this date, I told Cam we don't have to do much for Valentine's Day, but I'd like it if he would cook a nice meal for me. I think he's going to do it, so we'll see how that goes, haha :)

3 comments:

  1. VERY nice!

    jonathan and I split the milky way when we went to the 1913 room, a couple years ago... it IS amazing!! mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANYWAY..........

    with your talk of cirque shows, you definitely need to check out this guy's food blog: http://www.peteeatemall.com/

    amazing recipes, and he cooks for cirque now. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, seriously?

    That's cool. I'm currently looking for am amazing dessert to make for Valentine's Day to go with the dinner Cam is making.

    ReplyDelete